Sunday, January 30, 2011

Results

Well, I didn't get the role. *sigh* The role of Eponine was given to a senior -- which I'm fine with, because she deserved it. The roles of Cosette and Fantine, though, are a different matter. Not so much Cosette (which was given to a junior) as Fantine . . . which was snapped up by a sophomore. And I'm not even kidding.
The director obviously wanted a much more modern, "soulful" sound. I could have given him that, but I honestly thought he was going to do a faithful adaptation of Les Miserables. But obviously, considering the people he chose to be the leads . . . he isn't. Oh well. Le Miz means a lot to me, but I've had almost a week to cool down since finding out the results, so it doesn't sting as much as it did. *sting sting*

No, it doesn't matter that neither the junior nor the sophomore had ever heard of Le Miz before it was announced to be the musical. No, it doesn't matter that neither of them really wanted a part in this show, anyway. They thought it was too gritty -- too vulgar. Well, honey, if you think Le Miz is "gritty," you haven't seen anything yet.

I am a little bitter, but that's to be expected. And it's not like I'm only in the chorus. He made me a prostitute. *deadpans* A prostitute on stage during "Lovely Ladies," and then I have a solo near the end in the song, "Turning." One line of a solo. Damn. But I suppose it's better than nothing.

I'll just have to suck it up and try my best, which I seem to be good at doing. This experience has just taught me to not get involved in a musical/project which I have an emotional attachment to. That being said . . . I can't just quit. I do love Le Miz, after all, and if I quit now, there's no possible chance of getting a lead next year. So I just have to plug on through, and be the best damn trollop I can be.
(Never thought I'd ever say that. lolz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones