Monday, March 7, 2011

People to People, Brown, NBC, and Stephen Sondheim (what?!)

Seriously, how is it the 3rd month of the year already? It just doesn't seem possible at all, does it?

Anyway, since I've last written, there's been major news (not that anybody reads this, but oh well). You're looking at one of People To People's newest Student Ambassadors for 2011! *whoo whoo clap clap general awesomeness*
That right. Since my Select Choir director won a contest through P2P and NBC, she gets to take 13 or so students on a P2P European trip this summer, free of charge! We're going to France, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy, and you bet I'm gonna write about all of that! (especially since we're required to fill a journal up on the trip) Look forward to it! heee.

Also, I have applied and received my acceptance for Brown's Pre-College summer course this coming summer, which I'm super excited about. I've always wanted to do an official summer writing course at a college, and I was lucky enough to find one that took place after I come back from Europe. (You'd be amazed at how many take place smack dab in the middle of July, right when I'm going to be overseas -- including the one at Columbia, which would have been my #1 choice. But seriously, I'm sooo lucky, so I'm not gonna truly complain.)

This summer is looking to be insane, what with P2P, Brown, and surely a whole frickin' bunch of summer projects for the college-level courses I'll be taking next year. Let's list them, shall we?

  • Government & Economics (through the local community college)
  • AP Literature
  • Calculus (through the local community college)
  • SUPA (which is another English, only through Syracuse University)
  • Spanish 5 (through the State Uni of Albany)
Haha. I just realized that all my core courses are either AP or through a college. Boy, am I stupid-smart, or what? *looks into the future and sees herself dead from exhaustion* And college applications will take place in the fall, too . . . Sleep . . . I remember sleep . . . it was nice . . .

To change the topic abruptly (because I'm great at that), here's the 1st part of my new-youtube-videos series. Enjoy!



This is me singing my solo during the Select Choir's Broadway Showcase 2010 this past November. I had a lot of fun bouncing around on stage, can you tell? Hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones