Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy New Year!

I've been so busy, what with the holidays and everything, that I haven't been able to update for . . . let's see . . . a month! Whoa.
As for said holidays (Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!), not much happened. It's getting to be a smaller and smaller ordeal every year, and I'm not sure I like that.

To the music! Recently, I've come across a few bands/singers worth mentioning. The first would be *drumroll please* . . . The Pretty Reckless. This band is headed by Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen, which seems completely out-of-character. In fact, when I heard she had her own band and record deal, I burst out laughing. But when I decided to try her out, I was pleasantly surprised. The music has a rock beat and interesting lyrics, and Momsen herself has the perfect voice to accent it all. I've loaded 3 of her tracks into the playlist at the bottom of the page, so check them out! Here are some videos, too. Be forewarned: the second has explicit content.






I could have uploaded Momsen actually performing, but to tell the truth . . . her performances suck. The music is good, but there's only so much hair flopping, vacant stairs, and tortured expressions I can take. I don't like Taylor Momsen the person, but her music is to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones