Friday, May 15, 2009

Exciting News! (plus writing links)

Exciting news from me today!! (not that any one's listening, but whatever)
Recently I entered a contest, judged by author Sonya Sones, to write a mini-sequel to her book, "What My Girlfriend Doesn't Know." It had to been under 1,500 words or 10 pages, whichever you reached first. There would be one grand prize winner, and 10 runners up.
I wrote my entry, entered the contest, and promptly forgot all about it. ;^o^
So I completely wasn't expecting an email from Sonya personally, telling me that . . .
I was one of the 10 runners up!!

Okay, so it's a bit anticlimactic, but still. It was a national contest, and it really is awesome to be one of the runners up. Although my work probably won't be published on Ms. Sones' website (like the winner's will be), I do get an autographed copy of her book, and a free subscription to the magazine, Teen Ink. Sounds kind of flaky, but it's still cool.


Also, one of my articles on the Teen Ink website was rated #1 a few days ago, which made me super happy. See it at: http://www.teenink.com/raw/Health/article/89814/sun-exposure

I'm very happy right now. :D Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones