Saturday, December 18, 2010

1st Official Meeting for Les Mis

Okay, so the first official meeting for this year's musical, Les Miserables, took place yesterday. There, the director of the musical gave us the usual stuff about it being a huge commitment, you'll have to have very few conflicts in your schedule in order to participate, yada yada yada. But just to hear about it -- and that the director was excited about it -- was enough to satisfy me until the auditions, which take place a month from now . . . . .  Yeah, Right.
Les Mis is all I'll be thinking about, as I'm currently obsessed with getting a lead role (as discussed in the last post). I believe I have a pretty good shot at it, but only time, and the director's mood on that particular day, will tell. *crosses fingers*
We got a huge packet of information about the plot (which I know already by heart) and the various characters (ditto), but it was nice to have some solid information in my hands. Also included in the packet were the parts that we'll sing for the auditions. All the girls will sing a couple of lines from the Epilogue, and then those trying for a lead will sing the 2nd half of "I Dreamed A Dream." The latter part of that sentence is absolutely fabulous, as it's Fantine's solo -- made even more famous by the Susan Boyle Incident -- and I, well . . . I rock at it. As long as I can hold out the ". . . shame" measure, then I'll be A-Ok, as most of the girls who are trying out don't have the passion for it all that I do. Here's hoping. *double crosses fingers*

I leave you today with Lea Salonga in the 25th Anniversary Concert of Les Miserables (filmed at the O2 arena in London), singing, "I Dreamed A Dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones