Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Monday

Wearing: blue-gray skinny jeans, plum Old Navy hooded top, black leather + textile ballet flats
Listening to: "Single Ladies"

You know, I live in jeans. Jeans and flats. Once in a while I'll wear leggings or tights or cords, but mostly jeans. This doesn't really interest anyone but me, I'm just realizing. *shrugs*

I went to a concert yesterday at a theater in town. Before you get all excited, it wasn't like a head-banger type thing. No. It was a band concert. The United States Army Field Band & Soldier's Chorus. I was on the edge of my seat. *falls asleep*
But actually it wasn't half bad, and I'm probably the only girl my age to say that. Everybody else is texting on their cell phones and updating their Twitter page, and I'm going to a band concert or reading. Whatever. And actually, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd rather go to the theater to see a Broadway show (which I do quite frequently) than spend four hours at some lame a** party, drinking alcohol and getting wasted. Which is what most of the kids at my school do.
But to tell you the truth, they shouldn't. They don't have that many brain cells left to fry.
Let's see . . . I recently won something from author Elizabeth Scott, via the blog on her site. To tell you the truth, I had no idea what the heck she was giving away, and didn't really leave a comment to win anything. I just wanted to leave a comment. But, oh well. I'm still kind of happy that I won something. *does happy dance*
Scott is the author of Bloom, "Perfect You," "Living Dead Girl," and, soon to be released, "Something Maybe." Her novels are realistic and very (I'm over-simplifying things.) good. They're not from a major publishing company (i.e., one that is behind an extremely popular series), but that doesn't mean they aren't still good. Visit her site at:
www.elizabethwrites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones